Student Health Plan Summary
As a benefit of attending Pfeiffer University, you have access to high quality Student Health Insurance offered at significantly lower rates than most employer plans, family plans, and options on the exchange.
Enrollment & Eligibility Details
- Enroll online at www.PfeifferStudentInsurance.com by January 12th to receive an ID card when coverage starts.
- If no action is taken during open enrollment, you will be automatically enrolled.
- All full-time undergraduates are eligible and required to have health insurance.
- During open enrollment, you can enroll or waive online. You must present proof of other comparable coverage to waive the student health plan.
- You may also enroll in discounted dental, vision, life, and renter’s & auto benefits at www.PfeifferStudentInsurance.com.
- Insurance is offered through UnitedHealthcare with national coverage and Gold-level benefits.
- Coverage begins January 1, 2018 and extends through July 31, 2018.
- A complete plan brochure can be found here. A brief plan summary is below.
|Gold Level PPO Plan|
|Annual Deductible||$250 per covered member|
|Out-of-Pocket Maximum||$6,000 Individual / $12,000 Family|
|Member Coinsurance Share||20%|
|Student Health Center Visits||Covered at 100%|
|Preventive Care||Covered at 100%|
|Prescription Drug Charges||$15 Generic / $35 Preferred Brand / $60 Brand|
If you have questions about Pfeiffer or your eligibility for this plan, please contact Joanna Foley in the Department of Student Development at Joanna.Foley@pfeiffer.edu or call 704-463-3400. For questions about the policy or enrollment, please send an email to our insurance broker at PfeifferStudentInsurance@marshmma.com
We look forward to having you on campus in the Spring!
Interested in getting coverage?
Fill out the form below or call 844-854-9144 and an agent will be with you shortly!